Mobile Instant Messaging has come a long way since it first swept the globe with Blackberry Messenger. iPhone offerings advanced the communication options, but Android, the fastest growing operating system today, is leading the way with the ChatON app from Samsung.
What is Samsung ChatOn App?
Moreover, like other messaging apps, it allows users to communicate with each other for free using Data connection or Wifi. What sets this messaging app apart from iMessage and BBM is that it supports other platforms — Android, Bada, Samsung Feature, iOS, Blackberry, and it will support Windows Mobile soon — and it also has various customization options wherein users can change bubble colors, customize background, change font size, block contacts, and turn on/off push notifications.
Leading the future of IM interaction, the ChatON app takes IM to the next level with animated messages for more creative freedom, calendar interaction to manage your busy schedule, group chat and chat rooms, and an interactive profile page. The “Trunk” feature allows you to store contents in a sharing box, and post comments to other sites including Facebook.
Features of Samsung ChatOn App
- Enhanced Group Chat, where broadcast messages can be sent to several buddies at once
- “Trunk” – a ChatON Contents Sharing Box, where users can leave comments and share contents to other sites including Facebook
- Animation Message, users can create their own animated messages with original drawings, texts, audio content and changing background images
- Anicon (Animated Emoticon), users can download various animated emoticons from chaton.com
- Buddies say, users can post comments directly to buddiesʼ profile at any time
- Interaction Rank, users can check how often then chat with their buddies on the progress bar
- Micro SNS Community (Social Network Service)