I hope you are ready with a domain name for your new website. After getting the domain name now its time to get a hosting account.
What is Hosting Account ?
Hosting means running your website on server, whenever we create website/webpage, it needs to stored over the internet and for storing obviously! we need space/memory. Take an example, if we want to create a blog, let it be wordpress blog, so wordpress files are to be stored at internet and it also require database to store posts, categories,etc. So get all these services like space, database and other services; we need a hosting service.
As we are not going to invest even a single amount of money, so we will look for a renowned free hosting service provider. In my opinion, you will get the best free hosting service with full fledged control panel, it will be from http://www.awardspace.net. Don’t worry, we will guide you with all the steps to register for a hosting account with screenshots!
STEP 1: Hurry up! Go to http://www.awardspace.net, Select the first plan listed “Free Webhosting Costing $0.00”.
As you can see all the features of free hosting plan. Let me explain you all the features in detail.
(1) Disk Space: This is just like a space/memory you need in your system to store data and in this case you are supposed to store the files of your website. Here the disk space provided is 200MB (Enough for your website).
(2) Traffic/Bandwidth: Bandwidth means the data transfer which will take place when anybody open your website/webpage. I hope this concept is clear, because whenever we open up a website, its data(pages,images) are downloaded to client side and displayed in the web browser.
(3) Domains Hosting: This term means the domains you can host. Actually the logic is that you can host unlimited number of websites on a single hosting account if there is unlimited in place of two there. It means there it is written “2”, you can host two websites like www.site1.com and www.site2.com on single hosting account.
(4) Sub-domains: Sub-domains means sub part of a top-level domain. For e.g. http://www.dreambloggers.com is a top level domain and http://help.dreambloggers.com is a sub-domain. In this hosting plan, you can create up to 5 sub-domains.
(5) PHP4/5,Perl/CGI-BIN: PHP is the web development language, this feature means that you can host all the website which are using the PHP as the Language. Perl is also a platform, like PHP.
(6) SQL Database: Database is the term used when we have to store data in the form of table i.e. rows and columns. As I told you previously single wordpress installation needs one database. MYSQL is a type of database.
(7) Email Accounts: This feature stand for creating an email with the name of your website like email@example.com. You can create up to 5 Email Accounts. Webmail, POP3 all comes under the concept of Email Functioning.
STEP 2: You will be redirected to the next page and than scroll down the page and select “Existing Domain”
STEP 3: Next, Now you have to go to you domain name provider’s website i.e. http://www.co.cc. You have to configure the nameservers of the domain name. This you will do later. But for now fill out the domain name which you had purchased from that website. Click on next Button.
STEP 4: Fill all the details in the registration form look likes this
STEP 5: After completing the registration. Now you will be forwarded to this page.
Don’t Change Any thing, just click on next button ->
Congratulations !! But Wait, you had received a confirmation email with your hosting account details. Don’t forget to confirm, otherwise hosting will be closed. Do it now immediately.
I think, this much is enough for today. Stay Tuned! for the Next Part.