In WWDC, Apple has announced their new version of iOS i.e. iOS 5, whereas its beta version is already available for developers. If you not a developer, but still want to give a try to iOS, you can download it from the Apple’s website.
But it needs to be upgraded in your phone, if you don’t want to upgrade your phone’s firmware, still you can experience the features of iOS 5 in old firmware.
If you carry a Jailbroken iPhone/iPod Touch running older version of iOS i.e. iOS 4 or lower, than you can experience the iOS 5 like features on it.
What all you need to get those features?
- Camera Buttons – this feature is that you can control the camera from volume buttons in iOS 5, now you can download the tweak from Cydia to get it in your old iOS, but it will cost you $0.99. Search for “CameraButtons” in cydia.
- Wi-Fi Sync – Wi-Fi synchronization feature can be achieved from the tweak available in Cydia, cost you around – $9.99. Search for “Wi-FiSync” in Cydia.
- Mobile Notifier – as Apple totally revamped the notification interface in the new iOS, you can enjoy this new notifier for free, add this source in Cydia http://phajas.xen.prgmr.com/repo and download this tweak.
- Kik – kik is an application just like iMessage, which allows you to send messages via Wi-Fi or 3G network. You can get it from Apple iTunes App store.
- Remember the Milk – this is an app for Reminders, Reminders is also the new addition in the latest iOS, whereas in iTunes App store, it is available as them name “Remember the Milk”.
- Adobe Photoshop Express – Photo Editing utility can be downloaded from the App store, this features is named as “Photo Editing” in iOS 5.
- Private Browsing – this is one of the most powerful features added in iOS 5 i.e. (private or non-tracking) browsing in Safari. Download “Covert” from Cydia and enjoy the private browsing.
For confirmation and live demo, check out this video: